Friends of the Mystic & Noank Library
· is a non-profit organization, and all donations are tax-deductible;
· holds its Annual Meeting, open to all, the third Monday of October
· exists for the benefit of the Mystic & Noank Library;
· is an association of people interested in books and libraries;
· welcomes your interest and participation.
Organized in 1978, the Friends function as an important support group for the Library with a separate 501(c)3 designation. By donating time or money to the Library, patrons become Friends. The Friends raise money through the Annual Spring Fair, always the first Saturday in June, and the Like - New Holiday Book Sale the week after Thanksgiving, among other events. Proceeds from events are used by the Friends to help support such things as the Summer Reading Program, Museum passes, yard care, and special projects as requested by the Library. The Friends also donate to the Library Annual Fund.
The group has sponsored All Things Pumpkin, a Craft Exchange, participated in the three Friends of Groton Libraries Edible Book Festival, and organized a Library Book Cart Drill Team for the Mystic Irish parade. The Friends also sponsor Bookends, a newsletter that highlights special events, and news about the Library, including its history.
The Friends meet monthly, usually on the third Monday of the month (2nd Monday in January and February) with no meetings in July or December.
Friends help the Library staff in many areas, including:
· Book mending as needed
· Delivery of books to assisted living residences
· Sorting for book sales
· Helping with programs
· Special Events
Contact the Friends
Questions? Contact the Friends of the Mystic & Noank Library at firstname.lastname@example.org