Search the Catalog:

  • Get Your MNL Shirt Today!

    Image of MNL t-shirtsThese one-of-a-kind T-shirts are going fast! Sales help support our Library programs and services. They make a great gift for that special someone, too. Available in a range of sizes and colors.

  • Let's Help MNL get $100,000 in 100 Days!

    Calling all Charter Oak Credit Union Members....

    Charter Oak Credit Union will match all qualified* donations given by Charter Oak Credit Union members between August 20 and November 27 to Mystic & Noank Library. Download the form here: https://charteroak.org/content/matching-gifts/

  • 2019 Mystic & Noank Library Annual Holiday Appeal

    Support Your Library Today!

    2019 Mystic & Noank Library Annual Holiday Appeal

    Ongoing support from our community is more important than ever.

    The Mystic & Noank Library receives roughly 30% of our annual funding from the State of Connecticut and Towns of Groton and Stonington. In order to keep MNL the bustling and lively community resource that it is, we must rely on philanthropy for the remaining 70%.

    Everyday our Library is transforming the lives of our friends and family who call our special community home. Your past support has helped us get where we are today.  As we enter the season of thanks and giving, can we once again count on you being part of the 70%?

    Your gift to our 2019 holiday appeal will help us continue to enrich the lives of everyone who comes through our doors.  As Henry Ward Beecher said, “A library is not a luxury, but one of the necessities of life.” 

    With thanks and our warmest wishes to you and yours for a peaceful holiday season.

    Click here to support your Library today! 

     

  • Charitable IRA Rollovers

    Tax-Free Gifts to Mystic & Noank Library

  • November is National Novel Writing Month!

    Writing Lab, Saturdays at 1:30 pm in the Ames Room

    Image of typewriter

    The task is straightforward (but not necessarily simple!) Write 50,000 words in 30 days and finally finish that book idea you've been thinking about for years. Join us this month for some time to sit down and put it on paper. Check out this workbook to help you begin. Or ask for some books at the library. Good luck!

  • MNL Seeking Artists & Collectors!

    Submissions Welcome in Ames Room Gallery & Lighted Display Case

    glass case with lighting

    We will be accepting solicitations from artists and collectors to use these spaces throughout 2020. 

    Gallery artwork may be listed with sale prices. It may also be displayed as part of a class, common theme, or organizational project.

    Collections in the lighted display case in the past have included locally made glass bottles, WWII letters, and other items of community interest. 

    Please contact Erik, the Adult Services Librarian, at ecaswell@mysticnoanklibrary.org to request either space, with a description of what you'd like to use it for.

  • Friends of the Library's Annual Like New Book Sale

    Monday, December 2 - Saturday, December 7

    image of the friends book sale set up

    The Friends of the Mystic & Noank Library will hold the annual Like New Book Sale during normal library hours in the Ames and Activity Rooms Mon. Dec 2 - Sat. Dec 7. On Saturday, the sale ends at 2PM. Cash, check, and credit cards are all acceptable forms of payment. This sale is free and open to the public. All proceeds are used by the Friends to support the Mystic & Noank Library throughout the year.

  • Winter Storytimes at the Library!

    Registration has begun for the winter session

     

    Image of boy laughing with book

     

    Classes take place January 6 - February 27.

    For more information and to sign-up, click HERE!