Due to COVID-19 and our concern for the well-being of our patrons and staff, the Library will no longer be hosting in-person programs. All of our programming will be conducted digitally via Zoom. You can see our various offerings by viewing our online events calendar.
Remote Tech Help
We're all struggling with how to stay connected with one another now that we're social distancing to contain the spread of COVID-19. If you need help learning to use mobile technologies like your phone, tablet, or computer, you can still get help from the library! Set up a half-hour long appointment time with Erik, our adult services librarian, for help via phone or video conference.
Sign up for an appointment on our event calendar.
Book Writers Group
1st & 3rd Wednesdays of Every Month | 6PM
*Click the photo above to go to our Google Drive folder*
Within the folder are forms for the workshop sign-up sheet, a list of group member contacts, and materials to be workshopped for the coming sessions. Participants may choose to email work privately to other participants rather than upload to these public folders.
Come join us for a newly started ongoing program: Book Writers! Whether you're all finished with 50,000 words from National Novel Writing Month and want to go to the next step, need to make the finishing touches on a manuscript, or you're just getting started, one of the best ways to keep going is to work with a group of other writers with their own projects and pursuits to keep you motivated. Make 2020 the year you're ready to get serious about getting published.
Please contact Erik at firstname.lastname@example.org for information about the next workshop before attending.
A Living List of Workshop Rules
- Workshops run for 30 minutes per piece of writing.
- Two workshop slots per meeting, with a 30 minute freebie block of time at the end for smaller pieces or discussions.
- Pieces cannot exceed 20 pages at a time, and are to be read by participants the weeks before the workshop date.
- Pieces must be uploaded to the Drive or sent via emails to everyone the meeting before they're scheduled to workshop, otherwise they must sign up for a later date.
- No speaking about, defending, or otherwise explaining your writing while your piece is up for discussion until the last 5 minutes!