Friends of the Mystic & Noank Library
The Friends of the Library
- is a non-profit organization, and all donations are tax-deductible;
- holds its Annual Meeting, open to all, the third Monday of October at noon;
- exists for the benefit of the Mystic & Noank Library;
- is an association of people interested in books and libraries;
- welcomes your interest and participation.
Organized in 1979, the Friends are an important support group for the Library. A patron becomes a Friend with a donation of time or money to the Library. The Friends organize and work on fundraising projects, as well as special programs for both children and adults.
They sponsor book discussion programs, as well as annual events such as All Things Pumpkin and the Edible Book Contest. Primary fundraising activities include the Annual Spring Fair (held the first Saturday in June) and the Holiday Like-New Book Sale, along with the year-round sale of merchandise such as book bags, tee shirts, note paper and aprons.
Proceeds from the Friends fundraisers have been used to buy computers, an audio-visual projection system for the meeting room, conference tables for the Ames Room, software and other physical equipment needed by the Library.
The Friends meetings usually take place the third Monday of each month at noon in the Ames Meeting Room. The Friends newsletter, BookEnds, with news of events and Library happenings, is published six times a year and is also available via email to those not wishing a hard-copy.
Friends help the Library staff in many areas, including:
- Book mending
- Collection inventory
- Delivery of books to assisted living residences
- Sorting for book sales
- Processing new materials
- Helping with programs
- Library mailings
- Special Events
- Serving on Friends Committees
Contact the Friends
Questions? Contact the Friends of the Mystic & Noank Library at firstname.lastname@example.org